Translate

Monday 11 August 2014

D's short update: RIP my well traveled computer!

Well My friends.... today was the day that I finally had to say good bye to my overly abused and well traveled computer.  After many many months of a missing "F" key, then a scorched keyboard, the over heating fan, and the slightly epileptic screen.... today she added her last \ to the end of my sentences.  It was a quiet passing, no smoke or fires.... one minute she was happily playing The Amazing Spiderman 2 and keeping my kids oh so happy..... the next minute, she sighed a peaceful sigh, the screen went black and her lights blinked for the last time.
\
I will miss her.\
\
In the mean time I am happy to report that I was able to transplant her external keyboard to Nick's computer, so at least now I can use his... without the on screen keyboard (yes, his keyboard has died as well, lol!! )  (I swear we didn't do it on purpose- though I do think that both keyboards dying within 5 days of each other is a bit suspicious, lol)(please note that I am not blaming the kids) (officially).  Luckily apparently sometime in the past I had signed into my google account on his computer AND it still remembered my password- which I was seriously worried about as I don't actually remember what my password is for RTS site, lol..... something I guess I should look into!

I will be using Nick's skype handle for now as I can't get out of his account- he's got (*&*%*$!!!!  windows 8 and his skype is tied to it.  So for the moment, if you wish to get a hold of me, you'll have to contact me through Nick's skype, which is nickmckenny358 (I think, lol) or through Heather.  (No, I still don't have access to any of my email accounts).

Unfortunately all of my notes on the articles I have been working on are on my old computer, and unless I can somehow get access to the hard drive, I will have to re-write everything.....

.... all my files, my photos, my everything...... *sigh*

Such is life!  Time to move onto a better method of communication I think!!!!  \

Love you all|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.